Three things make me laugh and three things make me cry.
- at the one who is hopeful of the world yet death seeks him;
- the one who is neglectful (of his Lord) while he is not neglected (by Him);
- the one who laughs at the top of his voice, while he does not know whether he is pleasing his Lord or displeasing Him.
Three things make me cry:
- parting from our beloved Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) and his Companions;
- the terror of the onset of the pangs of death and
- the standing in front of the Lord of the Worlds while not knowing whether I will be turned towards the Fire or Paradise.